Thursday, June 26, 2014

Being Tired and Accomplishing More

Yup, I have to admit, it has been a long week.  There was no rain today.  Just beautiful sunshine.  Phil, our house lead carpenter, asked me to trim out the garage door opening (7' high and 16' wide).  I thought great, I'm so tired I can take my time and do this at my own pace.  By 10:30 Phil came and wanted to know how I coming along.  The trim needed to done so the siding crew could get moving on the front of the house.  I stepped up the pace.  After lunch, as I was standing back admiring my mornings work, Phil came by again.  "Go help Tom and Dave on the gable."  Not quite an order.  But my legs were still recovering from spending a few of days on the roof.  Tom and Dave are both very experienced at these Blitz Builds.  Tom and Sally's boys were over at House #1 doing roofing as it is there business back home.  Tom, Dave and I worked on the accent siding on the gable over the porch for the afternoon.  Every piece had to be cut and trimmed, fitted and trimmed again, before installing it. 

I finally got down at the end of the day and looked around at everything that had been accomplished.  I was amazed.  Everyone else on the site must be as tired and sore as I am, but there was so much accomplished today.  Some because there was no rain.  But more importantly, we all realize that we are doing God's work with our hammers and saws.  And with his help we will always accomplish more than we expect we can.

We've been working with so many wonderful people.  Each of us taking pictures as we can (yes, I'll get them posted when I get home).  But I found out last night that my roommate Marv Riggins is one of the group photographers.  In a week or so he will post to his "Flicker" account pictures of this Blitz Build.  About 450 so far that my be edited down some.  The URL is:  https://www.flickr.com/photos/40532181@N05/   or if you "Google" PARIGGINS you will see his flicker account listed first.  I hope you take the time later to view them.  They should be great.

Have a wonderful evening.  See you in a couple of days.

Peace to you all,

No comments:

Post a Comment