Monday, June 23, 2014

As Amy mentioned we were working on two different roofing crews today.  What she didn't mention was that Lisle has specific instructions to not go up on roofs.  Oh, well.  The crew that I've been working with includes Steve and Bert.  Both seasoned Blitz Builders.  We were finishing the sheathing over the garage area.  Each layer of plywood or oriented strand board (OSB) requires a "H" clip between the rafters.  This supports the OSB so that it doesn't flex as much when weight is added.  Steve had run out of "H" clips.  He asked if I had three.  I handed him four.  He commented that I couldn't count.  My response was "I'm a musician and can only count to 4."  "Really," he said, "what instrument do you play?"  "Well, I sing in the choir and play hand bells," I replied.  He said "Hand bells!  I also play."  Bert piped up and added that he also played in 3 choirs.  Two of them rehearse on the same night and they are staggered so he can make both of them.  So, up on this roof out here in Fort Wayne, Indiana, building a house for a very deserving lady, are 3 bell ringers, making beautiful music with our hammers and nail guns instead of English Hand Bells.  Could God's plan have come together any better?  Peace.

1 comment:

  1. Handbells - no kidding! Clearly they put you on the right crew, Scott!!!!

    ReplyDelete